API Remote Support Requirements
Before we start the install process the client machine must be accessible form the Internet which means it needs an external address, typically a static IP address. For more information about what a static IP Address is and how the APIs work read our beginners guide
Once you have ordered the API[s] form OzSoft you will receive some files via email. This will include a BPL file and a registration key. These need to be forwarded to us via email - api_support AT jwgecko.com where the spaceATspace is an @.
We also need a log in and password for a VETtrak Client on the machine or network we are given access to.
For each VETtrak API installation or remote support access will be required to your computer where the API is installed. If you use any of the following methods to provide remote access please provide the information listed – if you do not have remote access setup there are instructions below to install LogMeIn.
Remote Desktop Access
- IP Address
- Port Number (if non-standard)
- IPA Address
- Logmein account
- Logmein password
- Computer name
- Computer login
- Computer password
If you do not have any of the above methods already setup we'd be happy to assist you with this, alternately here are some instructions you can follow:
Setup a LogMeIn account
- Goto https://secure.logmein.com/AU/products/createaccount.aspx
- Select "I want to access files, applications and desktops on remote computers.", click "Continue"
- Fill in the details (it doesn't matter if you click yes or no for "Do you plan to use LogMeIn for IT support?"), click "Continue"
- Click "Add this computer" and follow the instructions.
- You will receive an email requesting verification – please follow the instructions to verify your new LogMeIn account.
Note: When LogMeIn is installed you will see a small icon in your taskbar, to disable remote access without uninstalling LogMeIn you can simply right-click on this icon and select "Switch Off LogMeIn" until you next need remote support.